A Thoroughbred stakes schedule with more than $1.5 million in purse money is slated for the 2007 Canterbury Park race meet in Shakopee, Minn., that begins on May 5. The schedule is highlighted by the $100,000 Lady Canterbury Stakes on July 14.
Run at one mile on the John Deere Turf Course, the Lady Canterbury attracts top distaff turf runners from throughout the Midwest.
Another highlight is the Minnesota Festival of Champions on Aug. 19. Comprised of seven races restricted to Minnesota-breds, the Festival offers purses totaling $335,000.
Total purse money for the 68-day meet will exceed $10.3 million. Daily purse distribution will average an estimated $150,000. The 17-week Canterbury Park season will continue through Labor Day on Sept. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes