HorseRacing TV will present live coverage of Oaklawn Park's 56-day winter racing season when the Hot Springs, Ark., track kicks off its meeting Jan. 19.
HRTV's coverage will include the live airing of the majority of the Oaklawn races, as well as expert analysis from the network's stable of on-camera personalities. HRTV will also carry the Oaklawn Park replay show the following morning.
The opening day nine-race card is topped by the $50,000 Dixieland Stakes at 5 1/2 furlongs, which has drawn a robust field of 13 starters.
The Oaklawn racing session continues through April 14. The track conducts racing primarily four days a week (Thursday through Sunday) in January and February, and expands to five days a week (Wednesday-Sunday) in March and April. Weekday and Sunday post time is 1:30 p.m. CT/11:30 a.m. PT., while Saturday's first post is 1:00 p.m. CT/11:00 a.m. PT.
Oaklawn has 26 stakes races slated for the meeting, with the $1 million Arkansas Derby (gr. II), a prominent Triple Crown prep race, set for closing day. Other outstanding stakes events include: the $500,000 Oaklawn Handicap (gr. II) and $500,000 Apple Blossom (gr. I) on April 7, and the $250,000 Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) on April 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches