Having sent out David Junior to land the Dubai Duty Free (UAE-I) in Dubai in March, Meehan struck the jackpot again last month, when saddling Red Rocks to capture the John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) at Churchill Downs.
The Flat Jockey of the Year award went to 23-year-old Ryan Moore.
Having partnered his first group I winner earlier this season aboard Notnowcato in the Juddmonte International Stakes at York, Moore was the youngest jockey to become champion since Pat Eddery took the first of his 11 titles aged 22 in 1974.
Sir Percy's thrilling success in the Epsom Derby in June saw his handler Marcus Tregoning gain the Flat Trainer of the Year, while owners Victoria and Anthony Packenham took the Owner of the Year accolade.
The journalist of the year by the narrowest of margins was freelance writer Tim Richards, who is now semi-retired after giving up his main two jobs, for the Sunday Times newspaper and Horse & Hound magazine, earlier this year.
The Racing Post's Edward Whitaker won the Photographer of the Year award for the fourth time, while Mike Cattermole of At The Races and Channel 4 was voted Broadcaster of the Year before the 700 guests at the Royal Lancaster Hotel. The event was sponsored by Blue Square.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- NH House Rejects Expanded Gaming Bill Again
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses