TVG has launched a year-round fantasy horseracing game on its website, TVG.com, and on Foxsports.com, the network announced Nov. 30. TVGfantasy.com will offer fans the opportunity to own and manage their own virtual stable consisting of horses, trainers, and jockeys. The site went live Nov. 30, with game play beginning Dec. 26."We're very excited about the launch of this interactive horseracing game which will provide us another opportunity to expose a broader audience to horseracing," said David Nathanson, TVG general manager. "Millions of sports fans participate in fantasy leagues, and we're confident that a dynamic fantasy horseracing game accessed by leading sports portals such as foxsports.com could ultimately bring more and younger fans to the sport of horseracing."
Users who sign up for TVGfantasy.com will be able to select up to 12 horses, two trainers, and two jockeys, and will earn points based on performance. There will be both free public and private leagues where users can join either as individuals or with their friends. The prize purse for the public league will be $10,000, with the winner receiving $7,500. There will be three games for the 2007 season with the initial game lasting from Dec. 26-June 7, the last race of the Triple Crown.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts
- Dissident, Appearance Win at Royal Randwick