Group I St Leger fifth Tusculum (by Sadler's Wells), who was trained by Aidan O'Brien for Baroness Karin von Ullmann and Sue Magnier, was the first 440,000 guineas horse. Former trainer Andrew Stringer outbid agent Andy Smith for the colt.
Three-year-old Purple Moon (by Galileo) was bought by Irish agent Gerry Griffin for the same amount from Michael Stoute's stable as a jumping prospect with David Redvers the underbidder. Nicky Richards will train the colt for an unidentified client.
David Loder paid 260,000 guineas for Golden Arrow (by Danehill) and 240,000 guineas for Consular (by Singspiel) to race in the Dubai Carnival.
American-bound purchases included Group II Queen Mary Stakes winner Gilded (by Redback), who will join Vladimir Cerin after being bought for 210,000 guineas through Gordian Troeller while 2-year-old Golden Balls (by Danehill Dancer) is set to join Jim Cassidy after being bought for 200,000 guineas by Troeller.
The sale concludes Thursday.
YR CAT OFF SOLD AGG AV MED
2006 368 261 240 9,910,300 41,293 20,500
2005 362 251 221 6,281,800 28,424 13,000
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail