The final session of Tattersalls October Yearling Sale Part 2 in Newmarket Saturday ended with records across the board for the five days of action.Marks were established for lots purchased (861), gross sales (27,700,200), average (21,172 guineas) and median (23,000 guineas).Gross jumped 63% over last year's gross of 16,988,400 guineas when 636 lots were sold. The average increased 20% over 2005's 26,711 guineas and the median was up 28% over last year's 18,000 guineas.Saturday's final session saw 56 sell for 639,500 guineas. The average was 11,420 guineas and median came to 10,000 guineas, with 38,000 guineas for a Medicean filly being the highest price paid.On Friday, a Beat Hollow (GB) colt out of Londonnet (Ire) (Catrail), a rare yearling purchase by Juddmonte, topped the session. Prince Khalid Abdulla's racing manager Lord Teddy Grimthorpe paid 75,000gns for the colt, bred by Derek and Jean Clee and sold from David Powell's Catridge Farm Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Shippers Head Wide-Open Honeybee
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome
- 191 Nominated to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Conquest Titan, Vinceremos Loom in Tampa Bay