Stuart S. Janney III has been elected to the board of stewards of The Jockey Club, filling the position vacated by G. Watts Humphrey Jr. at the expiration of his four-year term of office.The Jockey Club's chairman, Ogden Mills Phipps, was re-elected to a four-year term as steward of the non-profit Thoroughbred breed registry.Janney, a member of The Jockey Club since 1992 and a steward on two previous occasions, is chairman of Bessemer Trust Company and of Bessemer Securities Corporation. A longtime owner-breeder, Janney serves as chairman of the board of Blood-Horse Publications. He sits on the boards of several other industry organizations, including the New York Racing Association, Keeneland Association, Maryland Million, and the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association, where he also served as chairman.
Most Popular Stories
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- Pure Romance to Sponsor Bourbonette Oaks
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- KHRC Drug Tests: Turfway Meet 'Cleanest'
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55