Jockey Eddie Castro was sent to Monmouth Medical Center after being unseated by his mount Stormin Gracie in a two-horse incident that occurred during the running of the eighth race at Monmouth Park on Saturday.
Eddie King's mount, Megan Popz, fell midway around the far turn, unseating the rider. Castro, aboard Stormin Gracie, could not avoid the fallen horse and was thrown from his mount. "I sent (Castro) for X-rays for a possible back injury," said Dr. Angelo Chinnici, medical director for Monmouth Park. "Eddie (King) was a little shaken up, but he's okay."Stormin Gracie was uninjured in the incident, finishing the race without her jockey. Megan Popz was tended to on the track and was vanned off.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online