ASCOT'S EQUINE ROYALTY
Hats off to Ouija Board, as well as to her owner Lord Derby and trainer Ed Dunlop. What a remarkable four-year run the daughter of Cape Cross has had, winning eight of 17 starts while spanning the racing world. Ouija Board's growing fan club has witnessed uplifting triumphs and excruciating defeats in Great Britain, Ireland, France, the United States, Japan, Hong Kong, and Dubai. But the 5-year-old's resumé didn't seem complete without a victory at her homeland's most-heralded race meeting, Royal Ascot. Her triumph there June 21 in the Prince of Wales's Stakes (Eng-I) filled that gap. I can't wait to see her make another run on Breeders' Cup day this November. Simply put, Ouija Board and her connections represent the very best this sport has to offer.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Wildcat Red Stretches Speed Toward Classics
- KEEP Opposes Open-Ended Gambling Measure
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome