Apprentice sensation Rosie Napravnik won races on the fast main track and the firm turf, then after the skies opened up, won some more races on the sloppy main track and a wet turf en route to a career-best five winners on Thursday's 10-race card at Pimlico Race Course.The eighteen-year-old won aboard Roops Loop ($6.40-second), Storm Legacy ($3.60-fifth), Tornado Wind ($5.80-sixth), Better Than Ever ($19.40-ninth) and Henry Street ($6.80) in the finale."It makes a muddy day more enjoyable," said Napravnik, who should be a senior at Hereford High School in Baltimore County. "It is a day to be proud of, but I would love to win five on Preakness day."Napravnik, who leads the colony with 28 winners during the first 13 days of the spring stand, had won four races five times during a career that began last summer. The career day moved her ahead of Eibar Coa and into a fourth place tie nationally with Ramon Dominguez. Both riders have 127 victories this year.
Most Popular Stories
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Shippers Head Wide-Open Honeybee
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome
- 191 Nominated to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Conquest Titan, Vinceremos Loom in Tampa Bay