Blanchard was recognized for his contributions to the field as an educator, mentor, clinician and scientist. He has spent most of his professional career as a clinician educating veterinarians in the field of Theriogenology. Following his clinical residency at the University of Pennsylvania, Blanchard held faculty positions at the University of Missouri, Pennsylvania, and Texas A&M. He has authored and co-authored over 100 peer-reviewed publications, and four textbooks, which he also edited.
In 2005, Blanchard entered private reproductive practice and is currently associated with Hill 'n' Dale Farm near Lexington as a resident veterinarian. According to a statement issued by Hill 'n' Dale, the farm is "privileged that such an esteemed veterinarian as Terry has joined our staff. His knowledge as a scientist is only outdone by his tremendous work ethic. The American College of Theriogenologists could not have selected a more worthy recipient for this honor."
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts