The day is the weakest of the four at the December Foal Sale but also saw an opening session record when a Singspiel (Ire) (In The Wings) colt out of Katina (Danzig) was bought for 70,000gns by pinhooker Michael English of the County Tipperary-based Penmarric Stud.
"He was an outstanding individual and the pick of the day. He's got a big future and I think he's an October Part 1 horse for next year," said English of the Stanley House Stud offering.
A colt from the first crop of Queen Anne Stakes (Eng-I) winner Dubai Destination (Kingmambo) made 60,000gns when bought from the Castlebridge Consignment by agent Mags O'Toole. Eddie O'Leary's Lynn Lodge Stud in County Westmeath will reconsign the youngster.
The sale continues Thursday. COMPARATIVE FIGURES
Most Popular Stories
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Pure Romance to Sponsor Bourbonette Oaks
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- KHRC Drug Tests: Turfway Meet 'Cleanest'
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29