"The generosity of the patrons at Santa Anita Park, the jockeys, and Fred Stone is overwhelming," said Terry Bankston, a Red Cross volunteer since 2001.
"We want to sincerely thank the public for their generosity, and we would like to acknowledge Fred Stone, who put a tremendous amount of work into this project," said Sherwood Chillingworth, Oak Tree director and executive vice president. "Additionally, we'd like to thank all the jockeys who were so generous with their time and effort."
To date, the Arcadia chapter of the American Red Cross has raised $1.3 million for Hurricane Katrina victims, according to Pete Siberell, Santa Anita director of community events.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab