--The average price of $20,825 represented a 1.7% decrease over the average of $21,184 in 2004.
--The median increased 15.4% to $15,000 from $13,000.
--The session saw 60 (17.7%) fail to meet their reserve, down 5.8% from last year's session total of 18.8%.
The session was led by a dark bay or brown son of Tactical Cat who was purchased for $130,000 by Bongo Pinhooking. The colt was the only offering to top six figures on the afternoon.Windfields Farm consigned the colt as agent for Cedarow Farms.Bred in Ontario by Nick Andrews, the colt was produced from the winning Le Fabuleux mare Touch Your Toes, who is the dam of stakes winners Hot Pepper Hill (by Regal Intention) and Touch of Power (by War Deputy).The cumulative figures through seven sessions are:
--2,919 horses sold, up 3.5% from last year when 2,819 head sold.
--The gross of $377,097,400 is up 18.5% over the $318,245,700 at the same point one year ago.
--The average price of $129,187 represents a gain of 14.4% over the $112,893 average in 2004.
--The median price of $52,000 is up 4% from $50,000 last year.
--The cumulative RNA rate is 21.6%, with 803 horses failing to find new homes down 6.5% from last year's rate of 23.1% when 848 hips failed to sell.
The sale continues at 10 a.m. daily through Monday, Sept. 26. Hip-by-hip results from Keeneland
Most Popular Stories
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Pure Romance to Sponsor Bourbonette Oaks
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays