Rumplestiltskin lived up to her royal pedigree when capturing the Moyglare Stud Stakes (Ire-I) at The Curragh on Sunday. With the absence of Flashy Wings, Rumplestiltskin was sent off as the heavy favorite. The daughter of Danehill took the lead with a furlong left to go, but had to work hard to hold off the 25-1 Ugo Fire. Ardbrae Lady, a rank outsider at 100-1, finished third.
Aidan O'Brien, trainer of the winner, never seemed too concerned with the outcome. He indicated that the bay filly likes to wait on horses, and tends to pull up when she hits the front. This may be Rumplestiltskin's last start for this season. More than likely, she will be rested for a classic campaign in 2006.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru