"We have four weeks to the Alabama now," McGaughey said. "I feel like we are in pretty good shape. It is pretty exciting. We have been looking for a really nice horse for a while. It looks like we have one now."As the slight choice of the public, Smuggler paid $6.90, $3.30, and $2.20. Summerly returned $4.10 and $2.80 while completing a $25.20 exacta. Spun Sugar's show was $2.40.Bailey said Summerly gave her all. "She left it all on the track today," he said. "She probably doesn't want to run that far."For All We Know, undefeated in three starts, was sent off the second favorite in the field of seven but, after a stalking trip, she failed to rally in the stretch and finished fourth in her stakes debut, nearly 10 lengths behind the winner. Atlas Valley, Seeking the Ante, and Pleasant Chimes trailed.Bayou Breeze and Capitulation scratched earlier in the day. A tractor malfunction delayed the start of the race by approximately five minutes. (Chart, Equibase)
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Shippers Head Wide-Open Honeybee
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Chad Brown Fillies Vie for Florida Oaks
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- 191 Nominated to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome