Allie Carney will be remembered for her kindness, caring, grace, and elegance. She was actively involved with numerous charities, particularly those which supported the strong ideals of her Roman Catholic faith.
Carney, who resided in Delray Beach, Fla., and North Andover, Mass., was born Jan. 24, 1927. in Philadelphia. She was a graduate of John Bartram High School and Immaculata College in Philadelphia, and did post-graduate work at the University of Pennsylvania, Temple University, and Boston University.
She is survived by her husband; three sons, Thomas F. Carney, Jr., Dr. Daniel Carney, and Peter Carney; nine grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. Her niece, Kathleen Carney Brothers, sits on the board of directors of Rockingham Park and is also the track's director of mutuels, and her nephew James Carney, is the assistant to the president of Seabrook Greyhound Park.
Visitation will be held from 6:00 to 9:00 pm on Sunday and from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm at the Lorne & Sons Funeral Home in Delray Beach Florida. The funeral will be held at 1:00 pm on Monday at St. Vincent Ferrer Catholic Church in Delray Beach.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win