Both McCarron and trainer Jay Robbins were pleased with the drill after the 4-year-old Cee's Tizzy colt lost as the odds-on favorite to Wooden Phone in the Strub Stakes."He was hard to pull up and galloped out strong as usual," McCarron said. "That's always a good sign, a real good sign."
The Breeders' Cup Classic winner is pointed to the March 3 Santa Anita Handicap but Robbins said the final decision won't be made until weights are assigned. "It depends on the weights," he said.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Dissident, Appearance Win at Royal Randwick