Mr. and Mrs. William K. Warren's Saint Liam, winner of the Donn Handicap (gr. I) and Clark Handicap (gr. II), has been assigned high weight of 121 pounds for next Saturday's $750,000-added Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) at Churchill Downs.
Saint Liam would concede from two to 13 pounds to the other 23 nominees in the weight assignments released Saturday by racing secretary Doug Bredar.
Other horses considered likely or possible (with assigned weights) for the Stephen Foster include: Badge of Silver (119), Perfect Drift (117), Pollard's Vision (117), Second of June (117), Colonial Colony (114), Eurosilver (113), M B Sea (113) and Gouldings Green (112).
The "Stephen Foster Super Saturday" card includes six stakes events with combined purses of $1.75 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Darley Sire Lonhro Enters Australian Hall
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Golden Gate Fields Adds Alcatraz Stakes
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%