Trainer D. Wayne Lukas is hoping for good weather and a fast track after Surfside's third place finish as the odds-on favorite in her last start on a "wet-fast" track. Sunday's forecast calls for a 40 percent chance of rain.Regular rider Pat Day will be in the irons. Surfside will carry the high weight of 121 pounds. Lukas has hinted that his filly may be pointed to the Big 'Cap if Surfside wins on Sunday.
Also entered in the $200,000 Santa Maria are: Speaking of Time, Matt Garcia; Follow the Money, David Flores; Cookin Vickie, Garrett Gomez; Feverish, Eddie Delahoussaye; Lovellon, Gary Stevens; Critikola, Laffit Pincay Jr.; and Miss of Wales, Victor Espinoza.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA