"The acquisition of equity in such a talented horse as Closing Argument, especially one that is so live going into the Preakness, is very exciting," Narlinger said. "Plus, I am thrilled to be in partnership with Becky and Lewis again, in addition to our first venture with the Cohens." JMJ Racing Stables and Sequel Stallions teamed up earlier this year to bring the 2004 Fountain of Youth (gr. II) winner Read The Footnotes to stud in Ocala.
Closing Argument is the leading money earner by Successful Appeal, the 2004 leading North American freshman sire. He has never missed the board in eight lifetime starts and has earned $986,984 from a career record of 8-3-3-2.
Most Popular Stories
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014