Kitty Street, a California-bred daughter of Sir Cat out of the Runaway Groom mare Stormy Street, turned in the fastest eighth of a mile Friday in the first training preview for the 2005 Barretts May Two-Year-Old in Training Sale.The filly, consigned by agent Sam Hendricks, was clocked in :10.1.The fastest quarter-mile time, a blistering :21 flat, was recorded by an unnamed filly from the first crop of the Storm Cat stallion Lake Austin and the first foal of the Red Ransom mare Red Royalty. She was consigned by Sunrise Stable South as agent.The fastest three-furlong time was recorded by a colt from the first crop of Ancient Title (gr. II) champion Lexicon out of stakes winner Statue from the agent Murray Smith consignment, who was clocked in :33.6.The auction of 356 head is scheduled to take place on May 17 in the Hinds Pavilion located on the grounds of Fairplex Park in Pomona, Calif., beginning at 11 a.m. The first training preview contained the Hips 1 through 178. The second training preview will be held Saturday and will contain Hips 179 through 356. Visit Barretts Web site for a complete preview results and video clips, the full catalog and past performances for several of the 2-year-olds that have already run.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- KHRC Drug Tests: Turfway Meet 'Cleanest'
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- KY House Speaker: Gambling Amendment Dead
- Kentucky Horsemen Prepped on New Drug Rules
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Fair Grounds Hall of Fame Inducts Proud Spell