Taking advantage of the sunny, dry conditions at Churchill Downs, Thursday's work tab was busy, with five contenders for the May 7 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) breezing over the fast track.First out was Lewis Lakin's Greater Good, the Rebel Stakes (gr. III) winner who breezed six furlongs under jockey John McKee. The son of Intidab was timed in 1:17 2/5 over the fast track, with fractions of :13 , :26, :39, :51, and 1:04 1/5. The bay ridgling was timed in 1:31 in galloping out seven furlongs.Rank in the early going, Greater Good settled into the workout, while in company with stablemate River Mountain Rd."He was a little rank early," said trainer Bob Holthus. "We wanted him to break two or three lengths behind River Mountain Rd, but they broke together. It was not the way we planned, but he settled in and finished well."Greater Good, who has won three of five starts and earned $466,275, is scheduled to work a half-mile next Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- Pure Romance to Sponsor Bourbonette Oaks
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online
- KHRC Drug Tests: Turfway Meet 'Cleanest'
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55