The 5-year-old gelding logged an easy half-mile in :49 4/5 with regular exercise rider Amy Mullins aboard on Santa Anita Park's fast main track.
"He just breezed a little," Mullins said. "I just wanted to let him stretch his legs. I'm not sure when he'll be back, maybe at Del Mar. Maybe in time for (the San Diego)."
Choctaw Nation, who was claimed for $40,000 out of his first start more than a year ago, has won four of seven starts for Bone, including the San Diego, and has banked $910,800, of which $600,000 was earned in his Dubai World Cup performance. Overall, the son of Louis Quatorze carries a career line of 8-5-0-1.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice