Chief Planner worked five furlongs in :59 2/5 on Santa Anita Park's fast main track Tuesday.
"We're just working on getting him back," Baffert said. "He had two soft-tissue injures. He didn't have to have any surgery."
Chief Planner, a nearly black son of the recently pensioned General Meeting and the Fappiano mare Flag of Freedom, has never finished worse than third in seven career starts, racking up a line of 2-3-2 and earnings of $267,796. In addition to winning the Snow Chief, Chief Planner finished second in the 2002 edition of the Best Pal Stakes (gr. II) and third in that year's Del Mar Futurity (gr. II) and Hollywood Juvenile Championship Stakes (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Woodbine Announces 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- NH House Rejects Expanded Gaming Bill Again
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta