A Stormin Fever colt worked a quarter mile in :21 4/5 Sunday in preparation for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s spring sale of 2-year-olds in training. The time was the fastest for the distance during the final portion of the fourth session of the auction's under tack show. Consigned by Hartley/De Renzo Thoroughbreds, agent, the colt is out of Irish Dear and is a full brother to stakes winner Stormin Irish.Heavy rain in Central Florida forced the cancellation of part of the fourth session Saturday, forcing the remaining horses to work on Sunday.Three youngsters shared honors for the fastest eighth, stopping the timer in :10 2/5. They were Gone Prospecting, a Way West –Gray Lady Dancer colt, consigned by Jockey Club Farm, agent; a Brahms – G Waitin On O filly, consigned by Maximum Yield, agent; and a Prime Timber – Honey Brown filly, consigned by Diane Allen, agent.The day's fastest three eighths was :35 flat, turned in by Hot Dinner, a colt by Formal Dinner out of stakes winner Fired Heater. The colt is consigned by Wingate Sales Agency (France Weiner), agent. The spring sale begins Monday at 10:30 a.m. and runs for four days.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Wildcat Red Stretches Speed Toward Classics
- KEEP Opposes Open-Ended Gambling Measure
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome