Keeneland set a single-day mark for on-track handle when a record crowd wagered $3,599,648 on Saturday's Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) program.
An all-time record 33,621 people wagered $2,902,234 on 10-races at Keeneland, and an additional $697,414 on racing imported from 10 tracks from around the country.
The previous record handle was $3,516,621, set on Toyota Blue Grass Day in 2002. The previous record attendance was 31,028, set on April 17, 2004.
Betting from all sources Saturday totaled $16,667,487, the second highest in Keeneland history. A total of $13,067,839 was wagered at off-track sites, including those in Kentucky.
The all-time single-day record from all sources is $17,076,993, set on Toyota Blue Grass Day in 2001.
Wagering on the inaugural Premier Pick 4, a national wager combining two races at Keeneland and two races at Oaklawn Park, totaled $726,194. The winning $2 combination paid $2,532.80.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts