With the binge, Valenzuela all but wrapped up his second Santa Anita riding title. He has 63 wins to 55 for runner-up Tyler Baze with four racing days remaining in the 85-day winter/spring meeting that ends Monday. Valenzuela won the second race on Swiss Lady, the third aboard Agata and the fifth with Leo Getz.
Dreams Come True, a 4-year-old French-bred daughter of Zafonic trained by Bobby Frankel, lagged some 15 lengths behind at the half-mile marker in the 1 1/8-mile turf race. She picked up her field leaving the far turn, rallied wide into the stretch, and defeated Emmas Princess and Alex Solis to win by a half-length. The winner paid $4.20.
The 42-year-old Valenzuela won the Santa Anita title in 2002-03 with 94 wins.(Chart, Equibase)
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity