Fans and prospective owners can learn about what physical traits to look for in a racehorse – both good and bad – during the Thoroughbred Owners of California free workshop on racehorse conformation Feb. 26 at Santa Anita. The two-hour workshop will be conducted in the Santa Anita barn area and will begin at Clockers' Corner at 10 a.m. Participants will visit a trainer's barn, where they can see Thoroughbred racehorses up close and have a chance for one-on-one questions. The trainers will provide a general overview of the horse's body, fore and hind-leg construction as it relates to soundness, and how conformation relates to winning ability.
Although the workshop is free and open to the public, reservations are recommended. Please call the TOC at (626) 574-6620 to reserve a spot.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail