Three horses consigned by Terry Oliver and three others consigned by Ciaran Dunne of Wavertree Stables were among the fastest workers at an eighth of a mile Monday during the first under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s select sale of 2-year-olds in training at Calder Race Course. Covering the distance in :10 1/5 for Oliver were a Devil's Bag
-- Snubs colt, a Grand Slam
– Ells Once Again filly; and a Successful Appeal
– Ghostofalady filly. Turning in the same time for Dunne were a Stormin Fever
– Hanque Bankque colt, a Carson City – Jive Talker filly, and an Exchange Rate
– Miss Virginia colt. (Oliver and Wavertree are listed as the agents for the horses in the auction's catalogue.) Also sharing the honors for the fastest eighth-mile work was a Two Punch – Morning Tease colt named Ali the Great, consigned by Classic Bloodstock, agent.
Four horses turned in the fastest quarter-mile time of :21 2/5. They were an Artax
– Bonnie Byerly colt, consigned by W.D. North, agent; a Tactical Cat
– La Chiquilla filly, consigned by Eddie Woods, agent; a Phone Trick
– Lark Creek colt, consigned by Ricky Leppala, agent; and a Dance Master
-- More d'Amour colt, consigned by Leprechaun Racing, agent.
The second and final under tack show for the auction will be Sunday, beginning at 10:30 a.m. (EST). The sale is scheduled Tuesday, Feb. 8, starting at 10:30 a.m. (EST).