Marie Yoshida said the new farm would be primarily used for boarding mares, weanlings and yearlings. "We are very excited about the new farm," Marie Yoshida said.
The 150-acre Winchester Farm, located near Paris, Ky., is currently listed for sale.The Yoshidas plan to move their entire operation to the newly purchased Indian Hill Farm sometime in early spring.Reiley McDonald, Eaton Farms management president, and a partner with Tom VanMeter of Eaton Sales, said "My partner Tom and I own three additional broodmare farms between us and, of course, we will continue to operate our yearling preparation division on Newtown Pike."In addition, the Yoshidas have accepted to have their new 268-acre farm enlisted in the PDR program (Purchase of Development Rights Program) supported by the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government and gave up the rights to divide their new farm into 40-acre parcels. The PDR program now have more than 13,077 acres under conservation easement.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS
- Sahara Sky Storms to Second San Carlos Win
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory