A 510,000gns colt and 475,000gns filly from Danehill (Danzig)'s final crop topped Friday's trading at the Tattersalls December Foal Sale in Newmarket.
Bob and Deirdre Lanigan's Tullamaine Castle Stud in County Tipperary consigned the colt, purchased by BBA Ireland's Adrian Nicoll for an Austrlian client with Angus Gold of Shadwell ending up as underbidder
The 475,000gns filly was a daughter of Irish Oaks (Ire-I) heroine Knight's Baroness (GB) (Rainbow Quest) consigned by breeder Bjorn Nielsen through Watership Down Stud. Agent Peter Doyle signed the buyer's ticket. Johnny McKeever was the underbidder.
Danehill's son Rock Of Gibraltar (Ire) provided the two next highest prices via a 300,000gns half-brother to Prix Saint-Alary (Fr-I) winner Fidelite (Ire) (In The Wings) bought as a racing prospect by Hamdan Al Maktoum, and a 220,000gns filly purchased by Adrian Nicoll from Norelands Stud.
The December Foal Sale finishes Saturday.COMPARATIVE FIGURE
YR/CAT/OFF/ SOLD/AGG/AVG/ MED
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA