TVG also announced it recorded its second largest single-day handle Oct. 30, Breeders' Cup day. Total handle was $4,249,580, up 26% from Breeders' Cup day in 2003. The record of $5.2 million was set May 1, the day of this year's Kentucky Derby (gr. I)."We are very pleased by the growth in handle and by the continuing increase in distribution," TVG president Ryan O'Hara said in a release. "This is great news not only for TVG, but also for our track, horsemen, licensees, and distribution partners who benefit from our quality programming and additional distribution."
As of Sept. 30, TVG was available in 13.3 million homes via satellite and cable systems, up from 11.5 million homes last year, the network said. An additional five million homes receive TVG programming on Fox Sports Net 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Half Ours Filly Tops Evangeline 2YO Sale
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap