United Arab Emirates Derby (UAE-II) winner Lundy's Liability is expected to make his United States debut in the $500,000 Goodwood Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) on Oct. 2, opening day of the Oak Tree Racing Association's 26-day meet at Santa Anita.
Now in the barn of Bobby Frankel, the 4-year-old Brazilian-bred son of Candy Stripes, worked six furlongs Friday at Hollywood Park in a bullet 1:12 1/5, fastest of 15 drills at the distance.
"He came to us after the Dubai race last March," said Humberto Ascanio, assistant to Frankel. "Bobby just took his time with him. He went real good in the work. I got him in 1:12 flat and it was nice and easy, just a little faster than we wanted. But he's doing real good."
The colt won the UAE Derby at 1 1/8 miles under 130 pounds at Nad Al Sheba in Dubai. The bay colt has a 3-1-0 record from five starts with earnings of $1,253,930. The Goodwood is one of three graded stakes with Breeders' Cup significance to be run Oct. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- NY-Bred Stakes Program Adds 2014 Enhancements
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident