April.Cool Conductor also exits a graded stakes in his start. The son of Stravinsky ran third in the grade III Jefferson Cup at Churchill Downs on June 12. In that nine-furlong grass event, the Bill Mott trainee was bumped at the start, made the pace for more than three-quarters of a mile before giving way in the final furlong.The field, in post position order with weights and jockeys:
1. Toasted, 121 pounds, Rene R. Douglas
2. Old Deuteronomy, 119, Eusebio Razo Jr.
3. Street Theatre, 119, Carlos H. Marquez Jr.
4. Cool Conductor, 119, Cornelio H. Velasquez
5. Exploited Storm, 119, Frank Lovato, Jr.
6. Caimon, 119, Larry J. Sterling, Jr.
7. Up Anchor, 119, Christopher A. Emigh
8. Count On the Tuna, 119, Jesse M. Campbell
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online