Featuring four international group I events, the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races is the largest international sporting event staged in Hong Kong. The races this year will take place on Dec. 12.
Cathay Pacific will also sponsor both the international trial meetings on Nov. 14 and 21, as well as the International Jockeys' Championship at Happy Valley Racecourse on Dec. 8.
"Racing is the No. 1 sport in Hong Kong and it is fitting that the Hong Kong Jockey Club has entered into a partnership with one of Hong Kong's most famous companies," said HKJC chief executive Lawrence Wong. "It is the biggest week in Hong Kong sport. We are proud to be able to contribute to Hong Kong tourism industry in such a way."
"As Hong Kong's airline, Cathay Pacific is proud to be the first title sponsor of the Hong Kong International Races," said Philip Chen, Cathay Pacific's director and chief operating officer. "It is a tremendous event enjoyed by thousands of Hong Kong people and we are delighted to be a part of it. We look forward to bringing not only runners and riders but also a great number of visitors to Hong Kong to join the excitement."
The Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races is the third richest day of racing in the world with HK$56 million in prize-money spread across four group I races. The Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) is the world's richest 1 1/4-mile race on turf and is the final leg of the World Series Racing Championship. The Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Mile (HK-I) is the richest mile event in the world.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts