"We are confident that TVG, with a unique combination of our services and source-market fee revenue-sharing program, will provide the same benefits to the Washington racing industry that we have provided in states like Kentucky, California, and elsewhere," TVG president Ryan O'Hara said.
In March, the Washington state legislature enacted a bill that was subsequently signed into law by Gov. Gary Locke April 1. It authorized the racing commission to license account wagering companies that have an agreement with Emerald Downs to accept wagers from Washington residents.
"We reviewed all of the account wagering companies and found TVG's package of services and economic model to be the best fit for Emerald Downs," said Ron Crockett, president of Emerald Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014