Funny Cide is part of an all-star cast expected for the $750,000 Met Mile (gr. I) on Memorial Day, May 31st. Also expected are Horse of the Year Azeri and the top two finishers from the Carter Handicap (gr. I) in Pico Central and Strong Hope.
Funny Cide was assigned 118 pounds for the Met Mile; Peace Rules was weighted highest at 121, with Pico Central and Strong Hope at 119. Azeri and Speightstown were next at 117 pounds. "I thought Funny Cide worked great and so did Robin," trainer Barclay Tagg said. "The track was just right this morning. I hope they don't scrape it before the race." Funny Cide was scratched from the May 14 Pimlico Special (gr. I) because of extreme heat for the time of year. Tagg and Smullen agree that Funny Cide is not at his best under hot and humid conditions. The forecast for Monday is for a 40 percent chance of showers and a high of 75."Seventy-five would be fine with us," said Tagg, who doesn't want to see a wet track either. "This should be a great race."
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity