Henri Chalhoub owns Execute and his sire, the winner of both the Prix du Jockey-Club and Arc de Triomphe in 1991. Execute won for the first time since April 2001 for trainer John Hammond.
"He deserves this win and must be getting better with age," Hammond told The Racing Post. "Execute's a sweet and brave little horse who had his ground today. Credit must be given to Claude Lenoir, who has been riding him at home for five years, and my chief work rider, Michel Dureuil."
Polish Summer "couldn't stretch out when he tried to accelerate," Stevens said. "I think today's performance was a mixture of the ground, the trip to Dubai and the distance of the race." Touch of Land, Vangelis and Chancellor completed the order of finish. The final time was 2:14.6.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29