Assemblymember Liu presented resolutions to each honoree commending her significant contributions to the Thoroughbred horseracing and breeding industry.
Liu said she wants to point out the contributions of women to the sport, which provides tens of thousands of jobs and billions of dollars to the California economy and is an integral part of the state's history. "We believe that highlighting the contributions of individuals with whom potential fans can identify will help to create a new generation of horse racing enthusiasts," she said. "Given women's long, and often unheralded, history of involvement in all aspects of horseracing, organizing an event to honor them seemed most appropriate."
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Sahara Sky Storms to Second San Carlos Win
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory