Hosting the telecast will be Todd Schrupp. He will be joined by racing analyst Frank Lyons and reporter Jeff Lifson.
"Many of the top stallions will be represented and fans can expect to see horses that should make their mark on the race track in the not too distant future," said Tony Allevato, TVG vice president and executive producer. "TVG relishes covering the major horseracing industry sales events as our fans find them most interesting."
All told, 265 horses have been catalogued for the 12th annual sale, including 11 from the dispersal of the estate of the late Jeanne G. Vance. Among the prominent stallions that will be represented are the late Seattle Slew, Cat Thief, Deputy Minister, High Yield, Thunder Gulch, and Unbridled's Song. Highly regarded freshman stallions with progeny for sale include 2000 Kentucky Derby (gr.I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, and 2000 Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) runner-up Giant's Causeway.
Most Popular Stories
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014