stewards suspended Norberto Arroyo Jr., rider of Rogue Agent, for 15 days.Phil Grove, a steward and former jockey, said the suspension was three times the normal penalty for riding infractions. The New York-based Arroyo, whose known for his aggressive style on and off the racetrack, pulled his mount to the inside and whipped him right-handed as Evening Attire tried to slip through a narrow hole along the rail. Evening Attire slammed into the rail and nearly fell."We thought it was extremely careless riding," Grove said of Arroyo's tactics.When asked whether the stewards believed Arroyo had tried to injure Evening Attire or his jockey Shaun Bridgmohan, Grove said: "He got three times the normal amount. That speaks for itself."Ole Faunty won the race, and Rogue Agent crossed the line second, followed by Evening Attire. After an inquiry following the race, the stewards placed Evening Attire second and disqualified Rogue Agent to third.
Most Popular Stories
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Shippers Head Wide-Open Honeybee
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome
- 191 Nominated to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Conquest Titan, Vinceremos Loom in Tampa Bay