Stablemate Pomeroy, sidelined since winning the Kentucky Cup Juvenile (gr. III) before being disqualified and subsequently undergoing surgery to remove a chip from his right front ankle in mid-October, logged five furlongs in 1:00. The move did not appear on Santa Anita's worktab.
"They both worked good and are moving forward, just like I like," trainer Patrick Biancone said.
The French-born Biancone remains extremely focused on his two barn stars, not stopping long enough to check out the competition on the road to the Kentucky Derby (gr. I).
"I'm very fortunate to have these horses. Racing is not a drama, it's a comedy. If it's a drama it's not much fun or exciting. The good thing about horses is that they don't talk. If they were baseball players or football players all they'd be doing is complaining."
Lion Heart, a Kentucky-bred son of Tale of the Cat--Satin Sunrise, by Mr. Leader, won the Hollywood Futurity (gr. I) and Hollywood Prevue Stakes (gr. III) in record time and remains undefeated in three starts for earnings of $310,800. Pomeroy, a bay son of Boundary and the Seeking the Gold mare Questress, was also second in the Saratoga Special (gr. II) and has banked $88,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29