The novel was originally published in the United States and spent six weeks on the New York Times and Washington Post best sellers list. The book was translated into Japanese and is currently on sale in Japan. "Seabiscuit" starring Tobey Maguire, Jeff Bridges, and Chris Cooper will open in Japan on Jan. 24. The JRA Cultural Award is given to a person or organization that has made outstanding contributions to the development of equine culture, through literature, the media, fine arts, films, music, or other such fields.
JRA introduced first the annual JRA awards for the "Horses of the Year" in 1972, and the JRA Equine Cultural Award was added to the awards in 1986.
Most Popular Stories
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014