Blood-Horse Publications announced Wednesday that Jim Cox will succeed Greg Medley as advertising director, effective Jan. 1, 2004. Medley is leaving Blood-Horse Publications after 19 years to pursue a family business opportunity in Arizona.
Cox, 43, has been research director for Blood-Horse Publications since 1998, overseeing a variety of industry services, including The Blood-Horse Stallion Register, Auction Edge, The Blood-Horse Source and The Horse Source, and The Blood-Horse Professional Packaeg of supplements. Cox's present duties also include overseeing statistical sections of The Blood-Horse magazine including the sire lists, stakes shells, additional stakes, and newcomers.
"We couldn't have hoped for a stronger candidate or a smoother transition," noted Stacy V. Bearse, president and CEO of Blood-Horse Publications.
Ray Paulick, executive vice president of Blood-Horse Publications, commented, "Jim is largely responsible for two of the company's most important new products: the Auction Edge catalogue supplement, and the soon to be launched Online Stallion Register. His work on both projects showed tremendous leadership and innovation."
Prior to becoming research director for Blood-Horse Publications, Cox worked for Fasig-Tipton Sales Company, Thoroughbred of California magazine, Pope Advertising Agency, Saybrook Advertising Agency, Thoroughbred Times, The Cornett Group Advertising Agency, and Thorough-Graphic Sign Company.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Issues Advisory for Cobalt Monitoring
- Live Chat - Friday, March 7 at NOON EST
- Godolphin Pair Face Off in Maktoum Challenge
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Haskin: 'Horseplayers' and Pioneer Days
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Expanded State-Bred Incentives at Arlington
- First NH Winner for Southwestern Heat
- Palace Malice's Wins to Benefit Research