Wildwood Flower, an unbeaten half sister to stakes star Eye Of The Tiger, will be shipped south from Bay Meadows Wednesday to make her stakes debut in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Moccasin Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at seven furlongs on Sunday, according to trainer Jerry Hollendorfer."She's a filly, and he's a colt, so it's hard to compare them, but they have similar body types," said Hollendorfer of Wildwood Flower and her successful half-brother. Patrick Valenzuela has the Moccasin call.Wildwood Flower, by Langfuhr out of the Phone Trick mare Dial a Trick, is a homebred owned by John Gunther. She broke her maiden at first asking at Bay Meadows September 27 and returned to win a six-furlong allowance race there October 30.Trainer Leonard Duncan confirmed Steal My Kisses as a Moccasin starter after a satisfactory work in 1:27 and change Sunday. Julie Krone has the call.Other possibles include Hot Weekend, Luckbealadytonight and Vino Tinto.
Luckbealadytonight worked four furlongs in :48.00 Tuesday for the Bob Baffert stable, while Vino Tinto drilled the same distance in :48 3/5 for trainer Nick Hines.
Most Popular Stories
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- Jockey Club 2014 Fact Book Posted Online
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- That Handicapping Show: Rebel Stakes
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- LTBA Announces 2013 Champions
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel