Also to be honored at the NYTWA dinner are:
- Barry K. Schwartz, NYRA Chairman and CEO. He will receive the Alfred G. Vanderbilt Award as the Individual Who Did the Most for Racing. Under his stewardship. NYRA lowered its takeout last July 25th. As a result, more than $38 million will have been returned to bettors.
- Point Given: He will receive the Secretariat Award as New York's Horse of the Year.
- Tiznow: He will receive the C.V. Whitney Award for Special Achievement for his back-to-back victories in the Breeders' Cup Classic.
- Bobby Frankel, trainer: He will receive the Fourstardave Award for Special Achievement at Saratoga.
- Eugene Melnyk, owner: He will receive the Red Smith Good Guy Award for his support of the Belmont Child Care Association.
- Juddmonte Farm and Edmund Gann: They will be honored as Outstanding Owners.
- The Thoroughbred Corporation: Will be honored as the first recipient of the Ogden Phipps Awards as Outstanding Breeder.
- Jerry Bailey and John Velazquez: They are the co-winners of the Eddie Arcaro Award as Outstanding Jockey.
- Say Florida Sandy: Will receive the inaugural Big Apple Award as the top New York-bred.
Tickets for the NYTWA Dinner are $100 and are available by calling Charlotte Quinn at (516) 488-6000, ext. 4235. Anyone wishing to place an ad in the Dinner journal should contact Fran LaBelle at (516) 488-6000, ext. 4793; or Joe Spadaro at (516) 437-6116.