Jockeys Dean Butler and Joe Johnson were involved in a spill in the sixth race at Keeneland.
Butler's horse, Al Sami, clipped heels with another horse at the top of the stretch and fell. Johnson's horse, Jetticus, stumbled over Al Sami. Both riders were thrown from their horses. Butler was treated and released at Keeneland's first-aid room. Johnson was sent to a local hospital for x-rays.
Al Sami died in the fall. Jetticus was returned to his barn to be examined by his veterinarian. (Chart, Equibase)
Most Popular Stories
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru