Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) contender Cactus Ridge posted a strong workout at Hawthorne Race Course on Saturday morning, finishing his half-mile drill in :49 2/5. First on the track, the Bret Calhoun-trained Cactus Ridge, ridden by Eddie Martin Jr. went to first quarter in :24 2/5, three-eighths in :36 4/5 and galloped out an additional furlong in 1:02 4/5. The breeze was ninth best of 35 on the morning for the Arlington-Washington Futurity winner as he prepares for the Juvenile in two weeks.
Looking to be back to form, Chris Block's Cashel Castle posted the fastest half-mile drill of the day at Hawthorne. He flew through his work in :47 4/5 under jockey Eddie Razo Jr. Cashel Castle posted a game second place effort in the Zany Tactics on opening day, finishing behind Coach Jimi Lee.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Sahara Sky Storms to Second San Carlos Win
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory
- Testa Rossi Cruises in Florida Oaks Stretch
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture