Owned by Sez Who Racing, the 4-year-old son of Judge T C hit the board in 10 of 11 starts as a sophomore with wins in the Oklahoma Derby (gr. III), Fred W. Hooper Handicap (gr. III) and Migrating Moon Stakes at Calder among his four victories for the year. The Milton Wolfson-trainee has eight wins in 21 career starts during three seasons of racing and has earned $730,476.Puzzlement finished second to Gulfstream Handicap rival Blue Burner in a Jan. 25 allowance race at Gulfstream prior to the Donn. The 4-year-old son of Pine Bluff won three of nine starts a year ago and finished second Sunday Break (Jpn) in the Peter Pan for trainer Allen Jerkens.
The field in post position order with jockey, weight, and morning line odds:
1. Bonus Pack, Jesus Castanon, 113, 10-to-1;
2. The Judge Sez Who, Jose Santos, 117, 3-to-1;
3. Puzzlement, Cornelio Velasquez, 114, 6-to-1;
4. Strive, Jerry Bailey, 114, 5-to-1;
5. Hero's Tribute, Edgar Prado, 115, 5-to-2;
6. Learned, Calvin Borel, 115, 12-to-1;
7. Windsor Castle, Eibar Coa, 115, 8-to-1;
8. Aeneas, Rene Douglas, 112, 20-to-1;
9. Generous Rosi, Mark Guidry, 114, 8-to-1.